Trump’s Former Campaign Advisor Hit With HARSH Recommended Sentencing From DOJ

 

(RightWingAmericans.com) – Department of Justice prosecutors recommended a stiff federal prison sentence of seven to nine years for Roger Stone — President Donald Trump’s former campaign advisor — but DOJ officials say they are likely to reduce that recommendation.

In fact, one DOJ source said on Fox News the recommendation was “extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate” and had left senior department officials “shocked.” According to the source, “The department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the filing in the Stone case last night. The sentencing recommendation was not what had been briefed to the department.”

Following the announcement of sentencing recommendation for Stone — for charges of obstructing justice, lying to Congress and witness tampering — Trump responded by calling it a “miscarriage of justice.”

All the charges against Stone stem from a testimony given to the House Intelligence Committee back in 2018. During that testimony, Stone denied that he spoke to anyone with the Trump campaign regarding WikiLeaks. Steve Bannon and other former officials of the Trump campaign have said it’s not true.

Robert Mueller, the former special counsel, also found a complete lack of evidence Stone coordinated with either WikiLeaks or Russia as part of a plot to release emails from Democrats.

Because of all this, Trump called the recommendation of such a lengthy federal prison term to be “unreasonably harsh” as well as motivated by politics.

Despite the past evidence, or lack thereof, prosecutors still sent quite a stern message during the sentence recommendation. In part, they said:

“Investigations into election interference concern our national security, the integrity of our democratic processes and the enforcement of our nation’s criminal laws. These are issues of paramount concern to every citizen of the United States. Obstructing such critical investigations thus strikes at the very heart of our American democracy.”

At this point, Stone and everyone else with skin in the game are waiting with baited breath to see if the Department of Justice does indeed come back with a revised sentencing recommendation, and if so, what it will be. Obviously, with such evidence against the fact, everyone would seem to hope that it would be much less than the original recommendation.

According to Fox News, there was no communication between Trump, other White House officials and the Department of Justice regarding Stone’s sentencing recommendation.

Stone is set to be sentenced on February 20 at this point in time.